rss
email
twitter
facebook

May 23, 2007

My First Entry!

I grew up reading novels about romance, wrote a couple of books on that and thought I want to be an author. But it never came to pass for a couple of reasons, maybe more. Firstly I don't possess the ability to write anything 'flowery' that will make people wanting to sit down and read my book. Secondly, it takes time, patience and lots of inspiration to write one! An inspiration is the hardest to come by and the most important, I would say in writing a book! Wait....why am I on the subject of being author, writing books etc etc?!

Uhm... *Flashback*....About two weeks ago, while talking to Ed on msn, I asked him about whether he has started writing his book...and his reply, "Will probably start writing when you come and join us in Australia." Well, Ed and my dear sis as well as their princesses are in Down Under right now for their sabbatical! A sabbatical of 2-months long!!! I'm missing them like crazy! Some people said I'm being silly cos my sis and family are only going to be away for 2-months! But hey, separation is not easy considering the fact that we are very closely knitted as a family. With them being away...I've got loads of responsibilities on my shoulder (not that I'm complaining, ok?!) but really, I miss them A LOT! Anyway, their purpose to be in Australia - to rest, to relax, to refresh, to holiday, to seek the Lord for direction, to write their books. Even their eldest daughter, Ash is planning to write one. Their youngest, Chrisa already wrote a few...so as the "ee-ee" (aunty in hokkien), how can I not set an example *wink wink* So here I am, totally inspired by this family of writers! Did I mention the word "inspired"? Oh...truly!

So I've decided to take on this challenge in marking down my journey in life....to tell my story.....by starting to blog first, then a book perhaps in the future! =)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Go for it, Penny! Write your book! After all, what is a book? It's only one word after another .... (A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, right?). Now, whether it's a bestseller, that's another thing - haha! And remember to sign one copy of your first book to me ;)

JC